Request a book through interlibrary loan and we will try and borrow it from other libraries that own the item. You can also request DVD's or magazine and newspaper articles. This is a great way to view microfilm for your genealogy searches.
Interlibrary loans can take a few weeks to arrive, and they are non-renewable. We will notify you when your item is available.
Interlibrary Loan Policy
- A maximum of 4 requests per person per month. A request is considered active from the time it is initiated until three days after the material is returned.
- The library is unable to borrow items published in the current calendar year.
- The library is unable to borrow bound periodicals (magazines), but will request photocopies.
- ILL cannot borrow items printed before 1800. We will try to borrow these materials in reprint or microform, if available.
- Patrons owing fines of $25.00 or more and/or lost materials may not request interlibrary loans until the fines have been reduced, a payment plan is in place, and/or the lost materials are cleared. The library will not process ILL requests for patrons with overdue ILL materials.
- I understand materials must be returned by their due date to avoid late charges and that interlibrary loan items are not renewable.
- The library will request spoken word audio, including language instruction on tape or CD.
- Copyright laws apply to all interlibrary loans.